iRiver H340 vs Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_bazz

Beta member
Gday all,

I'm a 16yo high school student from Australia and I'm facing a small technology dilemma at the moment: namely that i can't decide between buying an iRiver H340 to replace my iPod mini now, or saving up for a $1000-2000 notebook laptop

Now, as far as price goes, both products are attainable. I have enough money right now to buy a H340, but would need to save up for a little longer to get the laptop. Either way, affordable in the long run. The question i am considerably pondering is which will give me the most value for my needs.
Well, to give you some of my thoughts on the matter, i have wanted a replacement for my iPod mini with a bit more capcatiy for a while, and the H340 seemed a very good solution indeed (with video and what not) as well as a very reasonable price tag (especially on eBay). However, I'Ve also wanted a notebook for school use (primarily) as well as word processing etc. on the go and at my shack for a while too.
The thing is, I'm a big traveller, back and foward from school etc. and havaing an mp3 player (or portable music at least) is very important to me. It would be great to have some bigger capacity than an iPod mini (as well as the added extra of video) but by buying the H340 in the short term, which is of course limited in it's uses, i am basically writing off my money for buying a laptop.

So, after all that, my question is, should i buy the H340 now, which is portable and can play videos (albeit on a pretty small screen) or save for the laptop, which has lots of various uses, can play video on a BIG screen, but isn't exactly "use it on the road" portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom