ipod nano problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffmaniac988

Beta member
Alright I'll give my system specs before I continue to make our lives a little bit easier...

Sony Vaio Desktop Computer Model: PCV-RS420
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.8 Ghz
512MB RAM
USB 2.0 ports

I've already tried...

1.) reinstalling the two programs several times.
2.) Holding the center button with the menu button.
3.) tried to put it into disk mode (says "OK to disconnect"
4.) Deleteing all USB entries under the device manager.

Whenever I plug it in, the ipod would stay in the main menu screen with the option to choose music pcitures and whatnot. On my computer, it would say something like the hardware has malfuntioned and when i check under the device manager it would show up as "Unknown Device" I'm still having no luck. Can someone help me out please? Thanks

I think your best bet is to call Apple, or go to an Apple store. if you're under Apple Care still, you walk in and they'll pretty much just give you a new iPod, or at least they'll help you fix the problem.

That being said, I have no idea what the issue might be.

no screw apple care take it to the apple store and tell them your problem they are not ****s about it. i remember with my ipod mini i got 4 replacement minis over a course of 2 years until i finally sold my 5th replacement cause minis started ****ing me off. only thing they might do i ask to keep it over night to do further testing and if they cant fix it theyll give you a brand new one

I've solved the problem. I've borrowed my friends calbe and it works fine now, so it's a defective cable that came with my ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom