Intel 7.1 Integrated HD Audio or Creative SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJspeed

Beta member
Hey guys, first post here.

This issue is something I've been trying to read up on all day, unfortunately, there seems to be very little discussion on the subject throughout the net. That or I need to think of a new way to Google it.

Anyway.. what do you all think..? 7.1 Integrated High Def, or perhaps one of the new Creative X-Fi cards?

Everyone says the Integrated 7.1 is good.. but as we know, in the world of PCs, it can always be better.

I'd say the answer everyone has at this point is it depends on what you'll use it for.

Well, personally, I generally use my PCs as Home Theater / Gaming PCs. I just sold my current one and ordered a new P4 3ghz, with the 945 chipset, Intel Integrated 7.1 and an X800 XL Radeon.

I'm concerned the on board sound may cut down the performance of the computer itself.... especially during intense sessions of Doom 3 or Half Life 2 in 2048x1536... In that case, I may be willing to dish out 1-200 bucks for a good sound card to reduce the load on the CPU.

What's everyones opinion?

for dvd movies and gaming the creative is better. no contest there

however that intel HD Audio converts basic music and gaming sounds to 7.1 (it tries to mimick dvd audio and it sounds great) on the fly. nothing else does that, but the old nvidia nforce3 driver chipset.

so you draw your own conclusion. outboard will alway give better sound, but maybe a 7.1 onboard sound (comparable to dvd audio) will sound better than an outboard 2.0 with regular music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom