instrumental music

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaori

Beta member
hi, i was wondering if it was possible to convert an mp3 into just an audio track without vocals?
I have Audio Editor Gold and have tried messing with the R and L waves, but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be appreciated!

kaori said:
hi, i was wondering if it was possible to convert an mp3 into just an audio track without vocals?
I have Audio Editor Gold and have tried messing with the R and L waves, but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be appreciated!

google vocal remover

Vocal removers are marginal, to say the least. These programs remove the "vocal" by pulling it from the "center" track because the vocals are contained on both stereo channels at mastering. I have attempted using vocal removers form expensive software such as Cubase, Samplitude and Adobe and none are all that great. The problem is that when the center channel is limited the overall wave is degraded and much of the vocal remains because it is track integrated. There are proprietary CD's with the instrumental recorded on the left channel and the vocal on the right. Just pan left and no vocal.....many record stores carry these specialized single recordings but they are the same cost for one song as the whole CD!!!!!!!! You need to remember that no Wave, once mastered, is dual channel stereo on CD. Dual tracks do exist on cassettes and there were a number of center channel vocal removers that used this fact to remove as much as 90% of the vocal. But CD audito is stereo only in terms of panning. If you have, say, 8 tracks in the original session tracks can be recorded in stereo or mono but what happens is that once the tracks are "mixed down" the stereo function is just the by product of the panning that took place in the tracks before the mixdown happens. Hopefully, you don't now have a headache.

I'll run this program on some recently mastered PCM waves and report back. (Yogenvocalremover). I would love to be pleasantly surprised! But I have my doubts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom