Installed new mobo. Question about audio drivers (onboard and sound blaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Hey do I need both onboard and sound blaster audio drivers?

Reason I ask (sorry new to this stuff) is I uninstalled the onboard drivers since I have my sound card (extreme audio x-fi). However I have been doing a bunch of restarts since i am installing so much stuff right now. I do not hear the Vista loading noise now.

What do I need to do? Keep the onboard audio drivers and sound blaster or uninstalled the onboard? I have this realTek audio manager too, not sure if I need that? I do not see it in the uninstall program list. I will post some screen shots if you need them of what ever. Thanks

I would use the sound card drivers that came with your card that you installed. The realtek is some of the codecs/drivers that come with the motherboard.

If your not getting any sound from the card, did you properly load your drivers? there shouldn't be much else you have to do with it outside of reloading the drivers or checking your settings in the device managers sound/audio settings.

can I uninstall anything that is Realtek then? How do I get rid of this "realtek HD audio manager"? It seems like a program biut I do not see it in the uninstall list.

Realtek is apart of audio drivers that come with your motherboard. meaning, in order for you to first have sound from the motherboard, you use these drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom