Improving DVD Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMortar

In Runtime
I'm getting a 7600GT no matter what for the gamming performance, but, it says something about PureVideo crap that it can improve the quality of the appearence of the movies. Well I know it doesnt work unless you have the software you need to buy (stupid), and then enable it, but has anyone who purchased any of the geForce 6-7 series noticed any difference in the picture quality of videos or DVD movies with a new gfx card, like it "says." It also says it comes with settings that make windows look better under certain environments by adjusting contrast and color betterly.

PureVideo is just some form of hardware acceleration for DVDs. What I would like to know is how you can make DVDs look as nice as they do on TV. For example if you watch a DVD on an 80" plasma (I don't own one), it looks amazing, but if you watch it on a 1280x1024 19" screen it looks all pixelated and stretched out if you try to use full screen mode. What gives?

I wonder that too, but i think the main reason for "poor" video quality is the fact we sit close near a computer, and if u go near a plasma, its not THAT sharp.

that and most tv's dont run at 1280x1024. Wich messes with their quality, and yes it is also because you are sitting like 2 feet away. If you were to get within 3 feet of a 80in. plasma I think it would look like crap.

yes, we have a 1080i hdtv (not plasma) it looks fairly good from proper distance, but up close its frikin crap, like way crappier than lcd up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom