image and paint program

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
When I try to post any problem related to my PC, I take print screen for that specific problem, and I past it on paint program (comes with windows), then I modify that image, then I post that image to some free web site to be available to the public.

Now is there any other utility similar to paint (friendly and easy use) with more feature than paint (for simple job like what I do, I do not like to use Adobe photo shop or corel---etc) ?

If I want to copy more than one image to the same paint file,,,can I do that ?

When I try with paint to insert text on that file , it tells there is no more space, how can I exapnd that file to insert texts ?

I suggest Irfanview (here), as it's just the smallest/quickest program for screenshots and quick edits.

However, to put more than one screenshot on a Paint, you just need to drag the size of the workspace double the size--either down or to the right--then paste the second screenshot, and move it down. A real pain, though.

I suggest Irfanview (here), as it's just the smallest/quickest program for screenshots and quick edits.
I have got that one, can you crop (modify),,,can you write text underneath image ? can we have more than screen shoot ?

Though when i open any image (created by paint) under Irfan , the cut option (Ctrl+X) under edit option ,most of the time gray color (disabled)

Ah...hmm...well, to use it for screenshots,
1. Press "Print Scrn"
2. Open Irnfanview
3. Ctrl+V (or Edit->Paste)

Now you can draw boxes around particular parts of the picture--usually you just want someone to see one thing, so click the top-left part, and drag to the bottom right. Then Ctrl+X (or Edit->Cut), and it should just have that piece remaining.

Irfanview is my quick-buddy...I know how to do most with it, any other questions, let me know!

Also...a few other notes:
On Irfanview, you can press C (or Options -> Capture/Screenshot), for another method.

And with regular screen shots, if you hold ALT while pressing Print Screen, you will only capture the currently active window. Such as if I did it right now, there would only be an Internet Explorer window--no start menu/anything in the background...!

Bah, sorry, I guess it can't quite do that... easily. What I do, in general, is a regular Print Screen, paste it into Irfanview, then do a Alt+Print Screen, go back to Irfanview, draw a square (over something I don't care about being seen), and paste. It'll auto resize it to fit in that...kind of obnoxious.

Hmm, sorry about that one. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom