Illegal Music Downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperman5000

In Runtime
OK, here's the short of it:

I have to write a 10-page persuasive paper as to why music downloading should be legal. I have to have a claim and 3 reasons/points/examples dealing with the subject. The problem is, I don't really know where to start. I know I want to mention the RIAA and all of the lawsuits they are making. Basically, I just want everyone's opinions on why the RIAA is bad and why people don't want to buy CD's or use Napster or anything like that. I'm not saying I do download, and I'm not saying I don't, I just want everyone's opinion.

I don't want this to get deleted because it's talking about something illegal, I just want a general consensus. Any help is greatly appreciated.

did you watch the DRM video on youtube?
its like buying a radio...if you pay for it, then why pay for what your listening too?

Dude, I picked the same topic for a persuasive speech not long ago. I, however, did not title mine "Illegal downloading", simply because it has the word "illegal". I just called mine "file sharing".

Yeah, RIAA --> acting like a monopoly(promoting only the big 5 and controlling the market/prices-->no room for independent, small artists), violating privacy (monitoring others' activities), ridiculous lawsuits, etc. <---change laws so that they don't have the right to abuse people and stuff.

Just like tv took audiences away from radio and movie theaters in the 1900's, internet is taking over and we have to adapt to the change.

We have the right to download stuff to at least sample it and based on that decide if purchase is necessary (download in moderation).

Technological improvement--> as people demand better, faster connections, more engineers get jobs designing better technology for people to use (any way they want). It's all good :)

Yeah, talk about the advantages, and say somewhere that downloading should be done with moderation, etc, etc.

Quote some small artists that became known b/c of their music being distributed on the internet (like the numa numa guy). No one knew the band/guy who sings that song, now it's world famous (at least that song).

Small movie makers can also distribute their stuff cheaply by using "file sharing" so yeah, we're helping the smaller guys take on the big guys (independent artists vs. sony bmg etc.)

Hope that helps.

Shouldn't be a hard topic to do, tons of info out there about it.

Google search: "those buttholes won't let me get free music"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom