I Really Hate Itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
Ok so here's the problem. I recently got an 80 GB ipod classic. Got all my music in itunes and synced it up. But after that I realized I wanted it more organized (discrepancy in capital/lowercase artist names, mispellings, etc). So I manually organized and renamed a bunch of files in itunes so that when I synced it up it would show up how I want on my ipod.

well that worked fine and everything but of course the ipod froze up like always so I reset it. The next time I hooked it up to my computer and it "synced" it removed everything. So now I gotta sync it up again to get the music back on there. The problem is, everytime I connect the ipod to itunes, itunes goes not responding and freezes up. I'll try to connect the ipod first, not touch anything and let itunes do its thing, same problem. Or I'll be in itunes working fine and then connect the ipod and it crashes. It says I need to restore the ipod but can't do that if itunes is constantly dying.

Now I could easily ununstall/reinstall itunes to see if that'll help but like I mentioned I managed literally thousands of songs to get them onto the ipod just how I wanted. If I unintall/reinstall itunes will put the music on there how it originally was and not how I edited it right? I'm just super frustrated and hate apple/itunes. Please help thanks.

You can try reinstalling iTunes. The songs will still be edited like before. iTunes like almost all music programs use something called an ID3 Tag. They're attached individually to MP3 files to let every music player know what to display the song as.

Well to be clear, I only edited them in itunes itself. Right click the particular song, get info, and then edited the artist name, album song title or whatever. I didn't change the source from my music folder or whatever. Does that matter or will what I did still stay edited like you mentioned?

Just my two cents on the matter. Ipods have some technological glitches, which appears to be what you are experiencing. What you need to think about is do you really need all of the space that your Ipod provides or will another brand of MP3 player do the job? The difference in my mind is one of capacity, if you need the high capacity, over 20GB of space then the Ipods are the best thing for you. But if you can get allong with under the 20GB space then another brand of MP3 will do best for you. I presently have two players: One is a Sandisk Sansa Player 1gb, I have 95 tracks on it and I have no complaints what so ever. I have a second that I have not opened as yet that is 2gb, but has a port for mini-SD, where I can put in up to 12gbs of miniSD making a capacity of 14gb. The 1gb is doing great for me now so I really have no need for the sort of capacity that an Ipod provides, but some time in the future I may need that type of capacity, so I have not sworn off the Ipods as yet just have no need for them as yet. You need to make this sort of capacity decission like I have.

for some strange reason the latest version of itunes have just been crashing your computer when you connect the ipod

Well to be clear, I only edited them in itunes itself. Right click the particular song, get info, and then edited the artist name, album song title or whatever. I didn't change the source from my music folder or whatever. Does that matter or will what I did still stay edited like you mentioned?

They will still stay edited. iTunes edits the ID3 Tag just like all of the other programs.

Yeah it's a great program. But a lot of people still prefer iTunes just because it's what they know.

Not to mention Anapod Explorer isnt free. So that gets a lot of people scared off. They would rather something free and that they hate then have to pay for something awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom