I need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
I am recording some Halo games, but I don't know how to get them on the internet. I see that they need to be a .mov file, but all mine are "Video Clip" types. How do I convert it to a .mov file? Also is a 60fps better than a 20fps?

1. How do I convert to .mov?
2. How do I get them on the internet?
3. Which is better: 20fps or 60fps

Thank you all!

Oh yeah, I am using Fraps to record these. If there is a better one (FREE PLEASE) can you give me a link? The movies are played on WIndows Media PLayer.

1. rats...anyone know?
2. I don't want to put them on an actual site site, just a forum.
3. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

2. I will try the web host site. It is 100% free, right? No fees, charges, nothing.
3. Oh.......hmmm, ok.

I see that they need to be a .mov file, but all mine are "Video Clip" types.

Two questions..

1) Why do they need to be a .mov file?
2) What type of extension is a "video clip" ? :rolleyes:

Intercodes:
1. Well, I was looking @ a tutorial on how to stick movie clip thingys into a sig and it said that they need to be a .mov file or it wouldn't work. Do they need to a .mov if I wanted to stick them on a plain ol' website and not a forum?
2. Lemme show you the "properties" of one of them:
untitled6sh.png

That is exactly how it was.

Regulus,

1) I never knew that. Anyz there are lot of converters available
2) Oopz, you missed the main part.We need the file extension here [.mpg or .wmv or .mpeg]. A 'video clip' that the property windows shows can be any of these media types.

if its not on, just open "my computer" then along the top there are tabs, go to, "Tools | Folder Options" then a box will open, there are some tabs along the top click on the one that is labeled "View" the bottom part is a scroll window, one of the options is "Hide extention for known file types" untick the box next to it. (hope thats not too difficult to understand)

now you will be able to see the extentions for all files. the bit we need to know is the extention (the bit after the name) which, as intercodes stated, is likely to be .mpg, .wmv or .mpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom