I need help with my 60GB hard disk camcorder (JVC Everio),

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernoob

Beta member
Hi, I've been trying to edit a clip from something I filmed on my camcorder. I want to take out a portion of the clip and send it to a mate via email.

The problem is, I do not know how to edit!
For starters, everytime I move the .MOD clip into PowerDirector, NO AUDIO COMES UP. So I don't want to edit a clip without audio!

Except when I play the clip from the folder in Windows media player, I can hear fine.

What's the deal, yo? Help me seriously!

You need to open it up in something like Windows Movie Maker or Danuisoft Ultimate Converter and from there edit out the part you want. From there make sure that it is small enough to be attached to an email. As most ISP and even some web based clients only allow up to 10MB at most to be sent. If it is larger than that it wont be allowed.

You need to open it up in something like Windows Movie Maker or Danuisoft Ultimate Converter and from there edit out the part you want. From there make sure that it is small enough to be attached to an email. As most ISP and even some web based clients only allow up to 10MB at most to be sent. If it is larger than that it wont be allowed.

The issue is that NO AUDIO COMES UP. I can see the video in both editors (Windows Movie Maker, PowerDirector) but no SOUND.

i am going to take a whack at this one..
this might be the reason.
you probably recorded video w/ dolby sound enabled (check your video cameras menu, that and it should say "dolby" something on the cam)
if so, your choices are to transcode the video/audio into another format, or find an editor that will support dolby audio.

The issue is that NO AUDIO COMES UP. I can see the video in both editors (Windows Movie Maker, PowerDirector) but no SOUND.

Hi Supernoob,

My name is Chris. I work for JVC and would like to try and help. Sorry to hear you are having problems editing your video.

Please check for the CD-ROM that came with your camcorder. It has editing software, and it also has additional codecs that are used by the Media Players on your computer. Even if you do not intend to use our editing software, you still should install the CD-ROM to add the necessary codecs to your system.

If this does not solve things, please respond back with the specific model of JVC that you have, as well as your OS.

Thanks,

Chris

Did you even TRY the programs i mention or are you just assuming that they wont work cause you tried others and it didnt work? Obviously it is that you just assumed it wouldnt work and you didnt try using anything but the programs you had used.

How do you know that no audio comes up if those programs if you dont even try them? I didnt suggest just Windows Movie Maker but also Danuisoft Ultimate Video Converter. I see you only mention WMM, what about the other program?

You never mention anything about codecs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom