i need a DSLR camera help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i need an DSLR camera id be mainly shooting fast sport's so any thing slower than f2.8 would probably not be sutible. any way lets get on to the body iv been looking at this one Pentax K200D DSLR Camera

is it any good espeacily considering im olny new to the DSLR thing.

an now let's get on to the lens. iv been looking at standered lens and fish-eye lens.

heres what i was thining for the standered lens Pentax Standard Lenses | Camera-Warehouse

and id rather not get the most expensive one there, i was looking at the chapist one which is 379, i might consider the 389 one if it is beter than the cheapist one. i wont be considering the most expensive one there.

and i only found one fise-eye lens that fits the pentex {refere to top of page} and im not sure what other fish eye lens will fit it, this is the fish-eye i found Pentax DA Fish-Eye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED [IF] - AUST MFTR WTY [PENTAX-DA-FISH-EYE-10-17MM-F3.5-4.5-ED-IF] - AU$629.95 : ApeShop Mobile Phones / Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Apple iPod mp3 players, Sony PSP video game consoles. Sony Ericsso

and another thing are those web sites trust worthy as i dont want to spend that much on camera parts and get riped of?????.

thanks in advanced for your response. sorry it had to be soo long.

Here is a good comparison site. I have always been a fan of the nikons. I believe the d60 is in the same class as the k200d. Anyways as you get ideas this site will help you to compare.

Here is a good comparison site. I have always been a fan of the nikons. I believe the d60 is in the same class as the k200d. Anyways as you get ideas this site will help you to compare.

so i could get a d60 its in the same class but it dosent have image stabilisation, so i think i should get the pentex maybe. and what about lens??, are any of the ones i listed good

The nikons have the image stabilization built into their lenses if you get the VR series of lenses. The only thing I know from research is the lens is the most important part of your setup. The only problem I see with your lens choice is that they have a single focal length which is good but it limits you to that length of zoom. For instance I have a 18-200mm lens for general use covering most of the focal lengths you would want and a 50mm for a single focal length. There are a couple of very knowledgeable guys on here in the US. Wait for their further comments on lenses.

The nikons have the image stabilization built into their lenses if you get the VR series of lenses. The only thing I know from research is the lens is the most important part of your setup. The only problem I see with your lens choice is that they have a single focal length which is good but it limits you to that length of zoom. For instance I have a 18-200mm lens for general use covering most of the focal lengths you would want and a 50mm for a single focal length. There are a couple of very knowledgeable guys on here in the US. Wait for their further comments on lenses.

for what i want to take pics of 50mm would be find because i'll be resonably close to the action. but i'll wait and see what the other guys say. id like it not to cost me an arm and a leg to:p

Yeah but if you are planning on shooting sports having various focal lengths would be a plus imo. This is a great site for photo information as well ILP Home (Powered by Invision Power Board) I lurk around there and got some good info when looking into my camera purchase.

thanks. i'll look into that site now.

bahh i have to rgister. oh well i'll do that and get back to ya later

dude no offence, but that site suck's you've gotta registere to see the forums and now i can't remeber my user name arghhh

It is pretty much set up for pro kid photographers. You cannot even see the all of the pro stuff without paying but it contains some of the most knowledgeable people I have seen.

Yes and no. Kids can be very active. They just have a ton of good info about cameras and lenses. Just trying to give you more spots for research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom