I might have to downgrade sound card :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I love fine audio, which is why i got my EMU 0404. But the amount of gaming i do, well it certainly is not any good for that. The audio is not directional at all :p (but i wouldn't expect it to be)

With a creative x-fi it doesn't sound quite so good, but even with stereo speakers it was possible to tell behind/infront/left/right. They were all very distinct, with my EMU the left and right channels are less distinct even when a enemy is approaching from directly left or right. and i cannot tell whether he is behind or infront of me at all.

The problem with this is, how do i connect a normal soundcards outputs to 1/4" TRS or XLR inputs on my monitors?

Ah, that sucks.. don't have money or the room.

Looks like i'll be loseing the speakers too...

The imaging is fine from my external DAC and FPS games are pretty much all I play...I used to have an X-FI and while there's a significant difference it's not as huge as I thought it would be......surely it can't be that bad from an EMU 0404?

Well, it sounds okay. You can usually tell whether someone is directly on your left, or directly on your right in CSS. However anywhere else and it seems too mumbled between the 2 speakers, i often turn one way and then they come from behind me or the other direction. Borrowing my dads audigy 2 and logitech x230 speakers it was much more obvious as to the direction.

Here is a diagram to help explain, imagine the green center dot is me on CSS, with me looking north. The 2 orange colored dots are enemy i can hear where they are, but if the enemy are in any of the positions of the red dots it becomes unclear. I didn't find this, even with my old SB Live.

css.jpg

But then it does have it's advantages. I can hear enemy so far away it's unebeleivable. Partly due to my speakers too, but even with like 50people firing there guns every single one is distinct and it doesnt get all muffled into one indistinguishable noise as it does on Audigy 2 and x230 speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom