yamaha dsp 1000 (1996)
Yamahadsp-a1000.jpg

adcom 555 II (1996)
adcom555.jpg

goldar (space giants 1974)
spacegiantsblur.jpg

mixmaster ice (utfo last year)
DaHaven17.jpg

did you have a point. btw. ribbon speakers are purely resistive in nature. they don't change with frequency like dynamic speakers. look it up. the crossover would be better design for it if it didn't have the notch filter. I wish that I would have took pic of my old delta with the image dynamic horn and the jbl 1500 gti which I ran for 7-8 years being power by the 3000 Phoenix gold amp (ms 2250 or 2500 i think was the name. i had all 3 amp of the series. I gave it to my friend detroit who still has it) with the ppi dcx 1000 (the best crossover ever. it cost 1500 in the 90's)

We can't. When he comes to our house and starts talking ****, we don't take kindly to it. We welcome outsiders, but not those that have the know-it-all attitude. See how we're here talking ****? You don't stand for it right? Well, neither do we. I was always told "If you're going to do something, do it right." Well, we go to the extreme. Do what you want w/us.

I didn't talk trash. I stated a fact. I was right about the subsonic fiilter (speakers with ebp of 100 and higher will truly benefit from it) and ported boxes. I will post tomorrow how to truly build ported boxes. I won't post the guide to build any ported box car audio guru follow the latter guide. I follow the first. you took it as I know it all because you don't agree. I use to have a macintosh power tester which could test power up to 3000 watts and and O'scope. we got into this very same argument with people in the 90's. we got together with hammond electronics to prove that we was right at a competition

did you have a point. btw. ribbon speakers are purely resistive in nature. they don't change with frequency like dynamic speakers. look it up. the crossover would be better design for it if it didn't have the notch filter. I wish that I would have took pic of my old delta with the image dynamic horn and the jbl 1500 gti which I ran for 7-8 years being power by the 3000 Phoenix gold amp (ms 2250 or 2500 i think was the name. i had all 3 amp of the series. I gave it to my friend detroit who still has it) with the ppi dcx 1000 (the best crossover ever. it cost 1500 in the 90's)

My point was to show that I own extremly nice gear because you told me to prove it.....so I did. ms2250 will never put out 3000 watts, 1500 watts yes. Not sure I get what you mean by the fact that ribbons dont change the freq? Are you trying to say they do not add distortion to the music? If so you are dead wrong.

My point was to show that I own extremly nice gear because you told me to prove it.....so I did. ms2250 will never put out 3000 watts, 1500 watts yes. Not sure I get what you mean by the fact that ribbons dont change the freq? Are you trying to say they do not add distortion to the music? If so you are dead wrong.

I had the amp that was 2 2250 put together. the ms1000. I see that you have the new version in your car. I was drunk as heck last night. I gave that amp to my friend detroit, years ago. he drove it in his old school until somebody wrecked into it. he put that amp in his closet and it has set there for the past 6 years. he refuse to sell it, yet he don't use it

now all dynamic speakers impedance changes with frequency. every last one of them. a ribbon resistance (it's the same as ac impedance with a ribbons) stays the same all frequencies. it easier to design a crossover for ribbons and magnaplaners (the ribbon's cousin) because their load is purely resistive.

a dynamic speaker dc resistance and ac impedance are 2 totally different things. that's PG crossover is not truly a real 24 db crossover either. it is counting the speaker natural roll off into the equation

I don't have cancellation issue. I'm not a noob at this. this is exactly why those 8's have different enclosures inside of them. now the 2 tweeters and the 2 mids are wired in bridge mode (1000 watts to them) on separate terminals and the positive and the negative is switched on both to fix the out of phrase issue. my audiobahn are tuning to a higher frequency because of cancellation of bass with the bass speakers at that front position. this cancellation of bass is cause by the truck's transfer function. now this is the very exact reason why I have 8's on the back. they are my high sub drivers.

they enhance my 15's bass. they get a transfer function boost. now the audiobahna are my low mid drivers, yet they suck at it because those heavy cones were designed for bass. this is exactly why I'm going to replace them with the hi vi research 8's. I was planning to use focal, but I can't seemed to find any. parts express, madisound and meniscus don't carry them anymore.

now these speaker are time aligned too. I really wish that I could throw my zx450 or zx500 back in here so I could have 6 to 8 channels for my mids and highs (that was my plan), but there isn't any room for it. I would everything active crossover right and the time alignment would be perfect. then I could throw the phoenix gold passive crossover back in the closet.

again I don't have a front soundstage, yet my rear stage is loud as heck and even clearer. I'll give 500 buck to anybody that can listen to it and tell me otherwise and have proof on this. I also have a 100 watt stereo l-pad on the tweeter and fixed resistor on the mid to even out the sound

smgreen20 said:
Enough is enough. One's down, and I don't have a problem adding to the count. Get over the tizzy and move on.

For the new ones... coming here and attacking someone is about as stupid as it gets. If that is your only reason for being here then you are all pretty sad individuals.

Flaming is not allowed here, period. If you have something to add to this discussion, or any other, feel free to do so. Otherwise, leave stuff alone.

We can't. When he comes to our house and starts talking ****, we don't take kindly to it. We welcome outsiders, but not those that have the know-it-all attitude. See how we're here talking ****? You don't stand for it right? Well, neither do we. I was always told "If you're going to do something, do it right." Well, we go to the extreme. Do what you want w/us.
What happens "in your house" is in your house. We're not in your house... you are in my house, and i won't put up with it, period.

i am a fair man, and anyone here can attest to that. So I give fair warning to all involved that I do not have a problem cleaning "my house". It only takes a few clicks of the mouse to take out the garbage, and it won't cause me to lose any sleep whatsoever.

Tech-Forums is an open community, but only for those who know how to act like someone with some sense (requiring people to act like adults would be pushing it). You, and anyone else, are welcome here provided you don't do anything to cause that welcome to be revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom