I"m comin out of retirement for Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather drive something I built myself than spend $80,000 on something I probably didn't even install.

Not saying that the Honda looks sweet, but there is plenty, more practical, ways of spending 80 G's.

Like a nice downpayment on a house....

I use speakers that don't compress easy like the car speakers that you guys are stuck on.
/QUOTE]

since I only use the highest end home audio speakers and all.

maybe he did spend 80 grand but look att it its something you want to drive. Not a ghetto fab install

I been retired for almost 10 years. but I put me and my crew over yours any day at any show. put your money where your mouth is. I'll take you in sound quality while they will annihilate you in spl. now put up or shut up.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/376322
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/352775

why do it have to be a ghetto install because I did from my own home with my own tools by myself.

who helped you? you probably had 10 people and you was at a facility and your car was probably undrivable for 3 month whileit was there and you wasted tons of money that could be put to better use, than make an install not look ghetto. I'm old school. I'm not stuck on materialistic things like you are so my car don't have to be trick out. I do have a car that tricked out but I didn't trick it. I bought it like that from a friend of mine.

well I'm proud of my geto (get it right) fab install. I bet that you won't come to my geto to say that to my face.

to the tech.forum people. this started when I explained the advantages of using a subsonic filter on a port box. me and the guy had a disagreement (he didn't believe that you couldn't get up to an 8 db improvement with a speaker with a subsonic filter when we conduct tests in the 90's proving that you could), then the mod of the forum jumped in and called me an A_hole. when I went off on him (I guess that he thought that I would kiss his but since he was the mod. he obviously don't know me), all of his little duck sucking flunkies jumped on me. since I quit the forum and stop responding their post (I set it as spam in my email program), they decided to come over here and attack me since I had posted a link there explaining why I had built the high's box.

come on flunkies. keep continuing to show your ages

Hmm....looks to me like somebody has WAAAYYY too much money and WAAAYYY too much time on their hands. Also it appears that the trailer queen truck is completely finished while Eric's rig is still under construction. And I am sure the finished product will look as good as it sounds. I am by no means a car audio nut, but anybody that even is considering competing will have their stuff looking clean. Cut the guy some slack. And take him up on his offer, put up or shut up.

I been retired for almost 10 years. but I put me and my crew over yours any day at any show. put your money where your mouth is. I'll take you in sound quality while they will annihilate you in spl. now put up or shut up.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/376322
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/352775

why do it have to be a ghetto install because I did from my own home with my own tools by myself.

who helped you? you probably had 10 people and you was at a facility and your car was probably undrivable for 3 month whileit was there and you wasted tons of money that could be put to better use, than make an install not look ghetto. I'm old school. I'm not stuck on materialistic things like you are so my car don't have to be trick out. I do have a car that tricked out but I didn't trick it. I bought it like that from a friend of mine.

well I'm proud of my geto (get it right) fab install. I bet that you won't come to my geto to say that to my face.

Ill take that thing on in SQ any day you want please....Those drivers you use are known to be very high in distortion (maybe not the ribbons by infinity dont knwo much about them) so please bring it on. Not to mention that your imaging and sound stage will be dog ****.

My installs.... never been helped, learned from day one myself, use my own tools, own place, my car has always been undriveable yet never looked like a rat nest of wiring.

I have an honest question for you though do you really thing that car you have there sounds good?

first. this was not design to bring an accurate soundstage. it was design to be loud as heck and clearer. I built the box to prove a point. I'd refuse to gut the blazer out for car audio like I did all of my other vehicles before this one. when I would take everything out there wasn't much of a truck left. noticed that I haven't modified any of the interior of this truck.

I have better drivers than you too (except for the audiobahns. I got them from a friend for this project). I never use a car audio brand for my mids and highs except for jbl. my 4 inch mids that you were talking about. now go and post your driver so I can tell you who really make them.

3.jpg

4inch.jpg

most car audio mids and highs suck as they suffer from compression and resonance issues. most of the good car mids and high speakers were made by vifa, focal, morel, and dynaudio. I know that you don't think that phoenix gold made them elites. sike. morel did. I've started using morel driver 17 years ago when you was swimming in the sac. I've saved lots money by bypassing the car stereo shops.

anyway I will post when the next major show is here in the midwest area. see you guys have obviously never seen me get down in stereo. I know for a fact none of you are from the midwest area or you would already know me or who I am. I forgot more audio than you will ever know. this system won't be what I have at that show. see, all I have to do is take the high box out and I got my unmodified vehicle superior soundstage back. plus I would have a little extra room

I like your wicky wack alpine mids that go into compression after 40 watts of of full range power. what is your highpass frequency on them? 400 hz? probably

my 4 inch is more powerful then them

action speak louder than words.

Enough is enough. One's down, and I don't have a problem adding to the count. Get over the tizzy and move on.

For the new ones... coming here and attacking someone is about as stupid as it gets. If that is your only reason for being here then you are all pretty sad individuals.

Flaming is not allowed here, period. If you have something to add to this discussion, or any other, feel free to do so. Otherwise, leave stuff alone.

first. this was not design to bring an accurate soundstage. it was design to be loud as heck and clearer. I built the box to prove a point. I'd refuse to gut the blazer out for car audio like I did all of my other vehicles before this one. when I would take everything out there wasn't much of a truck left. noticed that I haven't modified any of the interior of this truck.

I have better drivers than you too (except for the audiobahns. I got them from a friend for this project). I never use a car audio brand for my mids and highs except for jbl. my 4 inch mids that you were talking about. now go and post your driver so I can tell you who really make them.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/vance43211/3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/vance43211/4inch.jpg

most car audio mids and highs suck as they suffer from compression and resonance issues. most of the good car mids and high speakers were made by vifa, focal, morel, and dynaudio. I know that you don't think that phoenix gold made them elites. sike. morel did. I've started using morel driver 17 years ago when you was swimming in the sac. I've saved lots money by bypassing the car stereo shops.

anyway I will post when the next major show is here in the midwest area. see you guys have obviously never seen me get down in stereo. I know for a fact none of you are from the midwest area or you would already know me or who I am. I forgot more audio than you will ever know. this system won't be what I have at that show. see, all I have to do is take the high box out and I got my unmodified vehicle superior soundstage back. plus I would have a little extra room

I like your wicky wack alpine mids that go into compression after 40 watts of of full range power. what is your highpass frequency on them? 400 hz? probably

my 4 inch is more powerful then them

action speak louder than words.

First off...at least we agree that will sound like **** and will be loud. Least theres some common ground, but still I see massive amounts of cancelation that is going to occur. O well though your call.

Lot has changed in the past few years in the car audio w/ drivers, many have improved drastically but most do not compare to the high end home audio drivers.

As for my speakers not being as good as yours I doubt that highly...heres a few for you ;)
Some Aura NS15, JBL w15gti, ID IDWs neos, Peerless Xls 12" and PR
DSC02421.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

Also heres a more powerful amp Ms1000
DSC02397.jpg

Peerless XLs 8" and Scan 21w
DSC02039.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

Status