I just got predator mx440 8x is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaun1477

In Runtime
I just got a gift and was told that i could get any other card if i dont like it :eek:
but i want you guys to tell me if is good
prederator mx440 8x
GeForce 4
64 mb ddr agp 8x/4x
1.1 billion texels/s fill rate
500mhz ddr memory
and if you guys think its not good let me know wish one should i get
my wife its buying !!! lmao she want to keep me in the house so she loves im interested in computers:p

Will you be doing a lot of gaming? If so what games are you gonna be playing? The MX440 was a budget card when it came out and it wont be much good for games like UT2004 and FarCry today. I would recommend getting something else. How much is you wife willing to spend on a video card?

jaun1477 said:
I just got a gift and was told that i could get any other card if i dont like it :eek:
but i want you guys to tell me if is good
prederator mx440 8x
GeForce 4
64 mb ddr agp 8x/4x
1.1 billion texels/s fill rate
500mhz ddr memory
and if you guys think its not good let me know wish one should i get
my wife its buying !!! lmao she want to keep me in the house so she loves im interested in computers:p

Your wife loves the fact that you are interested in computers? Heh, I wish all girls were like that, how lucky!

But back on topic......as for that card, I have a computer with an EVGA GeforceMX 440 AGP4x (my secondary computer i mean) and the card is what i would call "decent". It may not cost much and stuff, but it will play most games, just not all.

One of its cons is that it doesn't support Directx 9, so it cannot run games that require a video card that supports it, and as for the games that have DX9 features and support DX8 video cards, you wont be able to view those sweet DX9 features, so that is what makes the card bad.

Other than that, performance-wise, the card is pretty decent. Although not as fast as other cheap Nvidia cards such as the Titanium series, it is still acceptable, and i found that i could run the FarCry demo with reasonable performance, and C&C Generals with pretty decent performance.

Hope this has helped you some, and good luck, the world of video cards can definetely be intimidating at times! :D

then i think its gonna be a good starting card since i have not played any games
and my wife said thats she got this one for 75 dlls with 35 dlls rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom