i have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkn0wn199o

Solid State Member
ok so when i used to plug up my brothers MP3 it would let me add music to it by going to My Computer and clicking on the usb drive folder but now that folder doesnt show up and i dont know i if need to install a new USB port or not? can someone let me know..thanks

What MP3 player is it, and has it WORKED on this PC before? Have you tried plugging it into differnt USB port to make sure it isn't a bad port?

its a SanDisk and yes its worked before but all of a sudden my computer stopped letting me add music to it....i dont know i think it might be a bad port

im not sure what model it is but when i used to plug it in the mass storage system icon would show up in my computer but now it doesnt and i've tried different ports but the same thing happens but its cool im in the process of building my own PC anyways so thanks for the help

Look in the MP3 Player's settings, because you may have to change ths USB mode to MSC rather than MTP if you want to be able to drag files to it.

I know you can change the USB mode on the Sansa e200 series, not sure about the others.

I dont have a lot of exp with mp3 players, but im assuming they kinda work like flash drives. IN WHICH CASE...
try going into control panel and clicking the "add hardware" icon
and yes, make sure the player is on before you do.
Does anything else work on the usb ports? digital camera, flash drive? if they work, its not a bad port that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom