I have an extremely strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I would say I am fairly software adept but this problem has been stunned well actually there are two problems:

1. VLC has no audio and whenever I try to use it as stereo sound which is what I have the software crashes

2. trying to play a video through vlc well it is an unprocessed ripped dvd of Sin City. The audio is absolutely fine pristine in fact the problem is that whenever the actors are actually talking i.e. moving the lips you can't hear it its on super quiet but as it is Sin city a lot of it is narrated the narration is fine its just whenever you see the actors lips actually moving that you can't hear a word

I don't use vlc much. I couldn't get sound out of it with my mbox.

on my old dfi mother board, the sound would stutter on videos

Look for upgrades to the sound card drivers. Check manufactures web site. Do you only have this problem in VLC, how does Windows Media Player do?

Ignoring the fact that it is probably an sound card setup. It sounds to me like some sort of multi channel dither down to 2 channel issue. The dvd was ripped and some of the multi channel information was lost. Therefor things like Narration was tracked mostly on the center channel as to be different from the regular movie dialog. The voice of the characters was tracked to the center channel but also to the side channels.
Nothing can be done, unless you re-rip the dvd and make sure all channels are flattened to two.

vlc isn't universally compatible with all hardware. get klite pack instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom