i got a big subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagleboy said:
I didn't say you were a retard... and I am also a musician. I have some decent recording gear, and I am learning drum kit---So I was seriously just curious about the bass drum. Who said I was trying to make you look stupid?

anyway, I'm happy with my old Pioneers until I have money to blow on a set of B&W, McIntosh, or Boston Acoustic speakers. And whoever said they probably sound thin---they don't. The lower mids are a little lacking and the clarity of the upper mids and highs could definitely be better, but by any means they're not thin sounding.

I was in this store one day. audio encounter. www.audioencouter.com
they were letting me demo speakers. they had an 8,000.00 pair of McIntosh. they sucked. the were bright and boomy. the paradigm reference speaker killed. I told them for bright and boomy I could got buy some speaker from best buy for 300 bucks. this was a shock as McIntosh make the world's finest amps.

I audition the B&W's over my friend's house lot of times. they sound better than anything that I ever heard. the polk audio sda srs and ifinity kappas and paradigm reference series are close seconds though.

I had the baby version of the Polk sda srs. I had the sda-2 back in 1992-94

POLKSDASRS.jpg

EricB said:
I was in this store one day. audio encounter. www.audioencouter.com
they were letting me demo speakers. they had an 8,000.00 pair of McIntosh. they sucked. the were bright and boomy. the paradigm reference speaker killed. I told them for bright and boomy I could got buy some speaker from best buy for 300 bucks. this was a shock as McIntosh make the world's finest amps.

I audition the B&W's over my friend's house lot of times. they sound better than anything that I ever heard. the polk audio sda srs and ifinity kappas and paradigm reference series are close seconds though.

I had the baby version of the Polk sda srs. I had the sda-2 back in 1992-94

Yeah, I wasn't able to test out the McIntosh speakers at the place I usually browse at---however there was a B&W set in the listening room a few weeks ago, and it sounded phenominal. Perfect balance and clarity (well, about as close you can get under $10k)

My art teacher has a beautiful set of Boston Acoustic speakers, and I love them. The room he has them in isn't quite designed for high end speakers, but it's the best he can do living in a converted barn from the 20's, eh?

Eagleboy said:
Yeah, I wasn't able to test out the McIntosh speakers at the place I usually browse at---however there was a B&W set in the listening room a few weeks ago, and it sounded phenominal. Perfect balance and clarity (well, about as close you can get under $10k)

My art teacher has a beautiful set of Boston Acoustic speakers, and I love them. The room he has them in isn't quite designed for high end speakers, but it's the best he can do living in a converted barn from the 20's, eh?

LOL

my wife has a set of boston speaker on her computer. they sound so good that I don't hook them to a receiver like the rest of my computers.

I pick these up at a yard sale for $25.00 friday. Infinity RS 7B with the EMIT Ribbon Tweeters.

Made during Infinity's peak - around 1984, the RS-7 offered a well balanced speaker of great value in the Infinity line. Both the 8" woofer and 5" midrange cones were made of polypropylene. The midrange also was designed with a butyl rubber surround and cast alloy basket. To top things off the signature EMIT tweeter make this a system hard to beat.

Infinity published the following specs for this system... Frequency Response: 45Hz to 32kHz +/- 3dB; Power Handling: 25 to 125 watts; Dimensions: 21 3/4"h x 15 1/2"w x 10"d. The cabinet is finished in a simulated oak vinyl. The cabinets are thick to control vibrations. The crossover uses both coils and capacitors to only send the correct band of frequencies to the woofer, mid and EMIT. Both the mid and tweeter have level controls. The tweeter can be rotated for horozontal placement. The grill cloth is a sheer knit fabric. Wow, what a speaker.

InfinityRS-7.jpg

EricB said:
I pick these up at a yard sale for $25.00 friday. Infinity RS 7B with the EMIT Ribbon Tweeters.

InfinityRS-7.jpg

Dang... what a steal! I'd love to come across those for $25 :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom