how to set up rear center speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMB20TDA

Baseband Member
I have realtek audio and a ghetto 5.1 setup but I cant seem to get the rears set up correctly.

I have 2 satellites as sides, a 2.1 as front L/R/Sub and a stereo that im using as a rear speaker.
Being I just have a mini-plug to RCA jack to connect to the aux in the amp, it only has one channel.
the driver/software I have doesnt allow for a single rear speaker and that is what Id need to get it to run properly.
as of now I have a single Left rear speaker setup...
what software or realtek drivers allow for a 2 fronts and single rear setup?
thanks.

None! The 2 1/2 settings seen with the speaker settings for onboard and expansion cards is designed to work for two stereo speakers with a woofer as the 1/2 there. That electronically separates the lower ranges.

For 5.1 you need one pair front, one pair rear, and usually a front center mix including a woofer. 7.1 sees the rear center there as well as having the front center again seeing the woofer along with front and rear pairs.

With the exception of center mix and woofer type speakers sound works in pairs. You would need a 4 speaker set or splice two pairs together for front and rear output jacks.

so there is no software that would allow for a rear center speaker as opposed to a l/r set?
If i were to get a program to work with a 6.1/7.1/8.1 system would not having the other speakers in the set take away from the amount of sound.
I guess what im asking If I were to get a program that supported a single channel rear speaker and set it to ex: 8.1 would the sounds quality worsen being its relying on speakers I do not have installed?

The problem you would have there is feeding two channels into a one channel speaker. It may not actually cause any damage but certainly would see a drastic increase in the distortion levels. Now add a high powered amp into the mix and say good bye to the single speaker real fast then.

The speaker sets for pc already see their own amplifiers built in matched for the speakers rms wise. Two channels per audio output jack going to two identical speakers is how Realtek and sound card drivers/applications are written. There are no front rear single speaker settings to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom