How to remove a driver I just downloaded wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnselk

Baseband Member
I was looking on the web at a graphics card (3DFX 210-0364-003) that I have from an older computer that I may use in another computer that I'm building and I clicked on the Driver Download icon and I suppose the driver was installed somewhere on my computer. I was not given the opportunity to download it to a particular site or to a floppy.

I need to find this driver download immediately and get rid of it....I wanted to save it to a floppy for use later but the thing just downloaded "somewhere" unknown to me. Can anyone help me?

I don't want this driver to interfer with my "nVidia RIVA TNT2 model 64"....if in fact it will.....I'd feel much better if I could just find it and remove it immediately...or put it on a floppy like I wanted to in the first place....I wasn't given the chance to put it anywhere....it just downloaded somewhere (where I don't know).

I don't even know what it's called to find it in Search for today. What "type" of file would I be looking for? In Search you have Name, Folder, Size, Type, Date, etc. If I knew what type it is I might be able to find it.

Please help. Thank you!!!

Wrong driver download

How can I be sure that's were the driver download went?

Are all graphics drivers directed to the graphic card?

I have a nVIDIA TNT2....not an 3DFX.

How would I be able (if possible) do a "search" in files and folders for the downloaded driver?

I'll take a look in Device Manager and see what happens.

Thanks....if you can add more based on the above, I'd appreciate it.

I haven't turned my computer off yet so it probably won't do anything until I do....if anything.

Do you expect the wrong driver to do any harm to my graphics card? If it does, then maybe I should do the rollback.

something tells me your very new with computers , now to make a long story short drivers dont install themself and from what i understand you only downloaded the driver not installed it so you got nothin to worry about , as for searching start-->search-->for files and folders or click f3 when your in a folder of course thats not automatic as well you need to know what to look for means you need to remember parts or all of the filename (filename of the driver you downloaded) on the other hand you can put *.* in the filename on the search and configure it to search by date created and/or minimum file size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom