How to edit the audio of a recorded video?

Neowanderer

Solid State Member
Does anyone knows how to edit the audio of a recorded video? I have been recording some ''let's play'' videos for a while using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and would like to apply some minor corrections to the audio. For example, I would like removing some occasionnal ''mic spit'' noises before posting them on youtube. I checked Audacity and Windows Live Movie Maker already for this feature but no luck at all.

Any idea how to do that? Will I need yet another software?

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector all the time. With this software you can split the audio (from the video source file) to a separate track and edit it however you like. There are power tools within that allow for cleaning up video and audio noises and artifacts. It's a powerful video editor but not as advanced (confusing) add Adobe Premier. I think you can get it for around $100 or so.

Free Video to MP3 Converter: How to extract audio from video to MP3
This is at least free, but after I was done with it, it got the boot.
You'd have to extract the audio from the video, edit what you want (I use Audacity), then use a free video editor (I just use Windows Movie Maker) to apply the corrected audio track while muting the original.

It takes a while longer but at least it's free...
I think I will give it a try, since it's free and I have both Audacity and Windows Movie Maker already to complete the job the way you suggested. Thank you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom