How do I Reduce File Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qhtt

Solid State Member
Hi, I have a file about 200 mb and in mpg format. Is there a way I can reduce the file's size without having to delete any part of the file?
Thanks in advance
:) :(

I would convert to .avi (usually does a ~1.5Gb to ~700MB ratio). But be aware that when you convert out of mpeg you will probley need a decorder to watch your videos (most popular for avi is divx).

Simple, find a pic of anything, put it in a blank document and save it as every file format possible, it's properties will show a sizeable difference with some formats, especially with pictures or photos.

A JPEG will generally be smaller than some others like a WMF or a TIFF etc etc by quite a large amount.

Experiment with your Sig picture, when only given a small amount, it can sometimes be interesting getting it to fit the size and still be visible in some sort of quality.

roadrage, i think you got the wrong post or the wrong idea. either way, you're wrong about sumthin'!!!

Nope, have not gone insaine just yet, file size is just that no matter what sort of file, the blank doc idea was meant just to show the size difference between the different formats for reference sake, be that a movie or a still pic, the theory is the same.

The format may be different tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom