How do I join mpeg & AVI clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanp7134

Beta member
I have searched the Multimedia forum but can find no advice on joining downloaded mpeg or avi clips. If someone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of a program that will accomplish this feat, I will be most grateful.

I have a small applet called "Movie Joiner," and it works with avi, mpeg and some other formats. It works really quick, an immediate process -- that is about all I can describe. It is a no frills little program. It is shareware, and the trial version only joins 3 files at a time...for a little money you can buy the full version of it if you need too.

http://www.topshareware.com/Movie-Joiner-download-2052.htm

I'm sure there is probably a free version that does this too... (I'm guessing that its not hard to join file formats together for programmers)

no problem, buddy! keep us posted.

btw,..i'm not entirely sure if XP's movie maker will actually do the job that you want,....i just made a compilation of all video files that i have(mpeg,avi)...and made it into one big file. however,..the quality of the avi file and mpeg files should be good... i was actually stuck with a movie thats 400 x 500 sumthing.

If worse comes to worse... Take a look at http://www.tucows.com and do a search on their site for Mpeg and Avi joiners. They have a VAST library of freeware and shareware software available for download.

Have a good one,
Alexander

Be aware (depending on what and where the clips have come from) that sometimes they can be incompatable to simply join together and will need converting into one standard and datarate for all the clips before joining.

Theres more to joining clips than just file extensions.

There used to be an excellent shareware product called Easy Joiner from DoEasier but I don't think its still availble unless anyone knows an alternative site.

Good point roho. I assumed the same file type, which is why I suggested the joiner app. One could probably do it the long way buy using a hex editor, finding the header etc, which a program could made - which there are

Moviemaker, and other applications will convert the content imported to a new file format, and that is great, but it can take quite a while with large files, to not only import, by export as well depending on your processing power etc.

For simple little small files of the same format, it is a snap and requires no long reprocessing. For incompatible formats, moviemaker (as devlish has posted) works fine. If you are doing this for a job, or professionally etc. I would check out what programs fits what you need(ie diff format, length, quality needed, output needed)...the sites Microbell posted look like a great place for info and to jump to other resources.

chalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom