how to deinterlace

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
I want to deinterlace a video from a DVD

I tried one of the methods in 100fps.com I had trouble using the two that supposedly give the highest quality. I couldn't get either to work.

Keep in mind that I'm working with vobs here. I don't want to encode like 3 times and lose quality.

Are there other/better methods to deinterlace and then compress?

TheMajor said:
Why would you want to de-interlace?

Because the video has horizontal lines like these:

distortion2.jpg

It's a DVD I bought. It plays fine when played directly from DVD. When I compress it to mpeg4 (divx) I get the lines.

I tried opening the vob files using virtualdubmod and I can see the lines. I assume my mpeg decoder uses some kind of filter. However I want to compress the video and not have the lines. I want to deinterlace and not lose a lot of quality.

ncjimn said:
It's a DVD I bought. It plays fine when played directly from DVD. When I compress it to mpeg4 (divx) I get the lines.

I tried opening the vob files using virtualdubmod and I can see the lines. I assume my mpeg decoder uses some kind of filter. However I want to compress the video and not have the lines. I want to deinterlace and not lose a lot of quality.

Don't use the "de-interlace" filter from VirtualDUB. It sucks. I don't know if VirtualDUBmod has the same filter, but at least the ones from regular VirtualDUB suck.

Ulead Media Studio Pro 8 has good de-interlacing capabilities. But you should first try Auto Gordion Knot (AutoGK) to convert the entire DVD to Xvid or DivX (DivX never worked for me in AutoGK).

Use the "Preview" feature in AutoGK before converting the entire movie (you don't want to convert for hours and realize it didn't work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom