How to convert mp3 to WMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbcao2004

Baseband Member
How to convert mp3 to WMA?

Hi, everyone. I got a 128 MB mp3 yesterday, but I feel the mp3 hold only a few songs. So I was wondering, how do I convert mp3 format to WMA since normally mp3 is double or triple the file size as WMA. Is there such a program? Could someone please help me. By the way, I am not a computer expert, so instructions in detail will be appreciated. Thank you.

can you...i have never figured out how to do that. well, mp3's are usually not THAT much bigger than the wma...buy i however, the only way I know how is to get a program off of the internet and then you have to pay for it.

I think chog has something going there that can lead you to a free way to do this.

hmm, I believe mp3 is much bigger than WMA, it's about 2x to 4x. You guys know any simple program can be used for this?

try looking for Dbpower amp...i think it converts to .wma but i'm not sure always used it for ripping cd's........btw your mp3 player better support .wma......good luck.....

most do support more than one type.

hb...my mp3 and wma sitting infront of me are only 1mb in diff, but...i guess you are limited in space.

contact chog to help you some more...

I was wondering, if I want to convert files that's bigger than 128kb, which format is the best? Should I convert it to 128kb WMA or 128kb mp3? (my mp3 support those 2) And also what is CBR, VBR and 2 Pass?

Maybe you should take a look at ogg, Ive herd you can get better compression then mp3/wma .... that and the formats not copyrighted like the other two. Thats right mp3 is copyrighted!

Well, the problem is my mp3 does not support ogg. It only supprots mp3 and WMA. So I am doing a compare between those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom