How can you protect a cd/dvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
This is something I've wondered about for a while. Say you have some documents that you need to backup onto cd or dvd but you dont want them to be accessible, preferably not even visible, without some sort of password or something. Is it possible to do this? I know you can say, password protect a word document, but this would be for text, pictures and video as well.

Hmmm...I've never heard of protecting stuff like that in a cd/dvd before...but I'm guessing by encrypting it...I'm not sure, just a guess.

Yeah a long time ago when I had a look into 'hacking' I got a couple of encrypter/decrypter programs but I honestly don't really trust them. If it's the only option I'll try and find a reliable encrypter and try it out

Haha, I've downloaded dozens of password protected rar files and never thought of that. Thank you!

706 said:
This is something I've wondered about for a while. Say you have some documents that you need to backup onto cd or dvd but you dont want them to be accessible, preferably not even visible, without some sort of password or something. Is it possible to do this? I know you can say, password protect a word document, but this would be for text, pictures and video as well.

Me and my college classmates were programming for an application to encrypt those MP3s in a CD so that users have to type in a password before they can listen to the MP3s.

But we failed to do that, as the software could only work in computers. It was unable to work in any CD player.

haha...that's the first time we were blamed by Dr. Jan.(A pretty and lovely young tutor in her early thirties.):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom