How can I load VHS onto my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
was your coaxial cable in hook up to an antenna or cable?

what software came with that capture card to capture with?

chog said:
You need a capture device.
WOW everybody has their specs in their sigs so here I go,

Good idea! Here I go:

Height: 5ft. 8in
Weight: 160 lbs
Waist: 36in
In-seam leg: 30in.
Disposition: Sunny!
Other anatomical information: Mind your own business!

Merry Christamas all.

So I need a newer VCR that has the "red, white, yellow AV output" so that my puter will be able to access both Right and Left sound lines?

I have searched my puter for everything I can find, to help me with this. Unless Dell did not add all the things they say they did? If that is the case, then I am not sure where to start... I am so frustrated!

Ok here goes, I am trying to turn home video into internet format from VHS, via my VCR. My VCR is an older one with the (yellow video/white audio), but no red audio line. However the adapter for my puter has all three(yellow, white and red.) I am able to get the video but no audio.

Puter stats re: Dell packing slip:

I want to capture both video and sound.
This is what I have puter wise:

pentium 4 processor @ 2.66 GHz
512MB DDR SDRAM @ 333MHz
keyboard..
monitor..
All-in-Wonder Radeon 9000 Pro TV tuner Graphics card
Dell movie studio Essentials studio X, dimension
120 GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200RPM)
floppy..
Windows XP professional service pack1
backup...
Intel Pro 100 M Intigrated PCI NIC Card
56K PCI Telephony Modem for Windows
48X Max Variable CD-ROM Drive
soundblaster live with5.1
Factory instlled Audio..
musicmatch basic
and other stuff that should, as far as I know not have anything to do with audio video.

Dell movie studio Essentials studio X, dimension, is "Roxio, Videowave Movie Creator"?

I can not believe I started college majoring in Computer science, only to find out that Angelo State Sucks in that department. So I switched to Art, I do very well at that, but need to learn puter stuff... sort of a drive in me.... wish I had more time and good teaching for it though!

mama_c,

i had the same problem when i got started doing this. email me and i can help ya. i copied and burned 73 vhs tapes of the kids over 150 hrs worth. its slow but fun!

So let me get this straight...

in the post that Chog posted he puts two devices...internal and external...do u need both to save VCR and video game images to your computer or can it work with one or the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom