How can I increase Mic sensitivity???

steve10765

Daemon Poster
So I have this Sony ECM-360 microphone and the sensitivity is very low. I have it boosted 30DB in windows sound settings and its still low, so its hard for people to hear me in game, and sometimes in teamspeak, which I have set to boost it 30 MORE db! It is plugged strait into my motherboard microphone jack.

Maybe there is something in the manual to help me out? I know the impedance might have an affect, but I don't know much about that at all. Also it looks like there is only a frequency response of 50-1600khz, is this not as good as I thought it was?
SONY-ECM-360-ECM-0.jpg

this is my motherboard audio chip

Do you think this can help me??? The mic was plugged into that. If you think that will work then I will just have to figure out a way to connect it to my comp(I know there is a way because there is pc software updates for it)

EDIT: also is that a good mic? It looks good, but is it? I wasn't sure if I should just buy a cheap less than $20 mic for my PC.

It'll do, but if you don't already have it no sense in wasting the money. I was under the impression you were borrowing it or something.

Don't use midi. Use the line out in the back.

Back
Top Bottom