how can I combine 2 muisc files into 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsgonow

Beta member
I am making a picture story of old family pictures with "Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition Photo Story" and I want to add background music. My slide show lasts 8 minutes. Plus only lets me include one music track, so when the 3 minute track finishes, it just loops and starts all over again. (I wish I knew this before I bought it.) To get around this, I thought maybe there was a way to combine several tracks together and create one big track but I don't think I have a program on my computer that does that. (I have a Dell running Windows XP. A few possibly helpful programs that I have include Musicmatch Jukebox; PowerPoint; Sonic CD/DVD recorder and the usual Windows XP inclusions.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all of the replies. I ended up going with one of the first and downloaded a trial version of wavepad. It worked great! I was able to piece three songs together and when I inserted them into my Picture Story, it worked.

Just to put it out there, if anyone else is doing a project like this, Microsoft ME Photo Story is not the greatest. When you look at their promotion of it on their web site it sounds great but once you start using it, it becomes clear that it is really bare bones. And forget about tech support.

Another problem I encountered with this program: So that the pictures and the end of the music stoped at the same time, I even had to manually time my pictures to the music, which took me hours. Also, it prints CD labels but does not give enough options there either. (I set it to print two labels with Avery label 8692 (which is a sheet containing 2 labels); it only printed one label per sheet????) I finally gave up and ended up printing them in Print Shop.....which by the way I also had never used before, but it only took 5 seconds to figure out)

Thanks again for helping. It was very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom