Hooking up pc to speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
Hello everybody. I just placed an order for some cheap studio monitors and I want to hook them up to my computer. I have a creative x-fi sound card with no external accessory of any kind, so I'll be dealing with 3.5mm outputs.

The speakers have the following type of inputs; XLR balanced AND 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs.

What is the most efficient (cheap/ good quality) way to hook up my speakers?

Some suggestions please,

thanks in advance.

By the way, these are powered monitors so I won't be needing any amps or anything. I just need a way to convert from my 3.5mm out (x-fi) pc card to 1/4" balanced inputs on my monitors (a pair).

I plan to order this online since there are no audio/electronics stores nearby (I live in the middle of nowhere...dial-up is the only way to get internet).

Thanks again.

You can get a minijack (3.5mm) to stereo RCA (red/white) inputs cord at RadioShack. If there isn't a Radioshack nearby, I recommend CablesForLess.com, we ordered a ton of quality cables from there when we rewired the home theater system in our living room and they had good prices and quick delivery. Look for a stereo male 3.5" (minijack) to stereo RCA cables cord.

You can get a minijack (3.5mm) to stereo RCA (red/white) inputs cord at RadioShack. If there isn't a Radioshack nearby, I recommend CablesForLess.com, we ordered a ton of quality cables from there when we rewired the home theater system in our living room and they had good prices and quick delivery. Look for a stereo male 3.5" (minijack) to stereo RCA cables cord.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am not looking for rca cables, these are studio monitors and don't have rca inputs. My guess is I will be needing some kind of converter, but I am not sure since I am not familiar with fancy audio equipment/connections.
I will do some research online but I want to find some cheap cable or adapter.

stereo minijack splitter to dual mono and then 2 mini (1/8") to standard (1/4") size adapters.

How are you going to control volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom