hooking up dvd player to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynerjy

Solid State Member
hallow.

i want to play dvds on my computer (cos there's aircon at my computer and not at my tv. :D) but i don't have a dvd rom, but i do have a dvd player, so how might i be able to go about hooking up my dvd player to my cpu and what software might i need as well..?

thank you very much, hope i'm posting in the right place..

:D
-lyn.

"Looks like a CD, Smells like a cd,-but guess what,-it's a DVD...

Don,t know, But i think the "ALL-IN-Wonder Radeon" Is desinged for this kind of thing. :cool:

Yep! you'll need a video capture card (they are cheap). or even better, check for a DVD-ROM. They are very cheap now and you won't have to move your table player.

hey thx a million~!

ooh i hapen to have vcd creator pci card that reads vcrs... might that be of any use..?

If it has the proper inputs it will certainly work. Remember to get the proper drivers for it though.

the Audio is easy, you will only need an RCA(Left and Right) to 3.5mm Stereo plug (same as a headphones plug) lead. and just plug it into the "line in" or "analogue in" on your sound card. The Video is not very hard, but you need to have the drivers/software and a VIVO Graphics card or - like mentioned above - a video capture card. usually on the graphics card (VIVO = Video In - Video Out) there is an S-Video input, which looks quite like a mouse or keyboard plug, and your DVD player will have one as well, you will need to aquire an S-Video to S-video lead. then you will need the apropriate drivers for it to work properly. for a Video capture card, it might be different, instead of S-video input it could be an RCA input, the same as the Audio, but probably yellow. then you will need to aquire an RCA to RCA lead, to connect the DVD player, and you will need to have the apropriate drivers and/or software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom