hookin up two subs

Status
Not open for further replies.
does using a standard y-splitter deter sound quality? Because to be honest these two speakers hooked together doesnt seem to make much of a difference. In fact the bass seems less deep because stupid x530 porduces less so... and the extra satillies is decreasing it more, its only good in that since both speakers sound a little difference seems like more contrast in speakers. So I kinda do like them both hooked up, so that i can experiement more, and have two sets of speakers hooked up so i can test my mixed music i make on two different speaker sets. So does splitting the wire to the soundcard with a y-splitter reduce quality, even if i only have one speaker playing, and does it reduce if i play both?

DarkMortar said:
does using a standard y-splitter deter sound quality? Because to be honest these two speakers hooked together doesnt seem to make much of a difference. In fact the bass seems less deep because stupid x530 porduces less so... and the extra satillies is decreasing it more, its only good in that since both speakers sound a little difference seems like more contrast in speakers. So I kinda do like them both hooked up, so that i can experiement more, and have two sets of speakers hooked up so i can test my mixed music i make on two different speaker sets. So does splitting the wire to the soundcard with a y-splitter reduce quality, even if i only have one speaker playing, and does it reduce if i play both?

no, not really. almost nobody notice the difference that the little resistance that it adds to the picture. there would be an audio difference if the plug was cheap constructed.

your problem is you are 2 differently constructed bandpass boxes and you place them in 2 diff. place. doing either can cause bass cancellation. you are doing both

the subs should be right next to each other (in your case I would face both port in a corner)and they should be in an exact same box.
you should at least try the former for more bass

Heres a funny little layout i slapped together in paint real quick, the arrows show direction they face.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3308/layout6ml.png

I just thought that making them far apart would be better for less direction bass, but i do notice cancellation, and i wish i could just get rid of the x530 satillites, but in order for sub to word i need FR, because the cords are attached to its so its pretty tarded. i dont want x530 satiilite because it will reduce bass!

My room sucks, i got bed right behind me and i prop my rears on computer hardware boxes lol. and my desk is basically near the corner of the room, and i dont have enough room, because closet on other side and door, so it sucks.

DarkMortar said:
Heres a funny little layout i slapped together in paint real quick, the arrows show direction they face.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3308/layout6ml.png

I just thought that making them far apart would be better for less direction bass, but i do notice cancellation, and i wish i could just get rid of the x530 satillites, but in order for sub to word i need FR, because the cords are attached to its so its pretty tarded. i dont want x530 satiilite because it will reduce bass!

My room sucks, i got bed right behind me and i prop my rears on computer hardware boxes lol. and my desk is basically near the corner of the room, and i dont have enough room, because closet on other side and door, so it sucks.

you guys need to show me how to make a diagram like that

bah, disconnected the x530s completly, tried all sorts of sub positions, and its not good enough! the combination of the extra satillites and the less lower freq/ smaller sub was ruining my bass response and deepness, was getting hard to hear anything below ~40Hz. It just the combo resulted into less deep bass, and louder right and left satillite pos. Id rather just turn up the z5300e's instead of listening to x530 'help.' I tried all sorts of volume combinations between the two, it just doesnt work out, because the x530 sub and the extra satiilites will just slitly ruin things, or it will have no effect at all and waste the extra small amount of electricity, and my wires are way more cleared out in the back now lol.

I may just try other z5300e sub spots, but i think it works good where it is now. But it sounds pretty boomy at edges of my room, but its all col tho hehe.

show me how to work paint to make those figures, then I will show you how to place them. you still have to deal with loss of bass because of the 2 different bandpass baoxes

just use the rectangle tools, with fill, place text there, resize them, i can do way better in photoshop. use the pencil to draw the arrows, etc.

and these two subs will not sound good together! if i had two z5300es then it would rock!

DarkMortar said:
just use the rectangle tools, with fill, place text there, resize them, i can do way better in photoshop. use the pencil to draw the arrows, etc.

and these two subs will not sound good together! if i had two z5300es then it would rock!

try putting the weak one in the closet with the extra satellites and close the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom