Hook up Laptop to HDTV Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't work because the red/white connectors are RCA (phono) plugs, and the jack accepts a 3.5mm plug.

But yes, that should be like what you need.

lol.. yea i figured it was some reason like that it didnt work.. but hey since i didnt know the "offical" reason I thought I'd try it out! Thanks for your help Chase! remember i added u to my MSN messenger so chat me up sometime!

Good luck getting it working; let me know if it doesn't work for whatever reason.

I think carnageX touched on this but I know that certain TVs in the TV menu, have an option where you can say which sound ports to use with which video output.
Don't know if you solved it or if that helps but something you might want to look into

I think carnageX touched on this but I know that certain TVs in the TV menu, have an option where you can say which sound ports to use with which video output.
Don't know if you solved it or if that helps but something you might want to look into

Now that I think about it, that's usually for outputs rather than inputs. When using the VGA input, it automatically switches to using the audio port next to the VGA port inputs. It's done that on every TV i've ever hooked my laptop up to (both cheaper LCD's as well as high end LCD's/plasmas).

I ordered a 3.5mm male to male audio cable the other day from tiger direct, cross your fingers that this will work! I'm getting sick of buying cables! Thanks for both of your help! I will post on here if it doesn't (or does) work as soon as i get the cable!

It should work; like I said, that's how I've always hooked up my laptop to TV's. Plug in the VGA cable, plug in audio, make sure display pops up under the Display Settings for Win7, and adjust it so it's an extension of my laptop screen rather than a duplicate (resolutions for each are kept to their native resolutions).

I got the cord yesterday! I hooked it up to my laptop and TV and it works great!!! So excited! Now if I have to miss one of my shows, or find one I use to watch on the computer I don't have to watch it on my laptop I can watch it on my TV!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom