Which banner is better?

• Yellow Background

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Background

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can compete with bose easily, it's just their stuff is soo small for what it is, that is all.

If i were you, i would run like 3 Pat-4's for to get 5.1 sound. Hook up 3 decent amps or 5 monoblocks. This is assuming surround sound is already decoded. This would also be harder.

Ideally I would build my own pre-amp to handle 5.1 sounds out of a few older ones, and add some fx loops for EQ's.

Onto surround sound recivers, I know the high end Denon's do great with their Burr Brown DAC's on the input's and Sharc's on the output.

Also Denon makes my DJ gear, and my 1300$ dn-d9000 contains sharc's, so that's how i know about their great sound, besides the internet.

You can compete with bose easily, it's just their stuff is soo small for what it is, that is all.

Thats not true. Their stuff may be small but its way more sophisticated than any other topnoch speakers. Their company is a all for true sound reproduction. One of the best in quality. Yes it might be bad for hosting a huge party where you crank up the volume to max though. Any way I think Yamaha makes the best recievers but the Harman/Kardon recievers look so cool. And an amp adds power to the signal before it reaches the speakers (If you have big ones) but a reciever has them built in.

You want the audio quality to match the video quality. ( Go for optical cables and great speakers and a subwoofer)

Their are things that sound much better than bose, but nothing competes in it's size range.

bose has teh WORST i repeate the WORST mid range soun d period. thats why they dont release any specs on their speakers cuz they suck..

i say get a denon theyre quite nice its what i have at home

I use to have 2 of those adcom 555 II amps picture above with another adcom 545 amp running to a adcom DolbyDig preamp. when the new people got in office in 2000 and stole from the middle and poor class to give to the rich, that plus the fact my electric rate double in these year, I have to sell these item on ebay

Echo_ said:
bose has teh WORST i repeate the WORST mid range soun d period. thats why they dont release any specs on their speakers cuz they suck..

i say get a denon theyre quite nice its what i have at home

I am been an audiophile for for years. one thing I always notice is denon receivers have never met spec in the audio magazines. if they lie about their power ratings, what else will they lie about?

if you look into those huge receiver they make, you will notice the resistors that comes after the output transistors. that is called current limiting.

what the sense in having Burr Brown DAC's on the input's and Sharc's on the output (high S/N) if you are going to restrict the output (you won't reach the potential on the S/N). it kinda defeat the purpose.

yes, the receivers are hard to blow for current limiting, but you sacrifice sound quality

I am siding with EricB, yet again.

With the receiver/speaker issue, Yamaha would be your best bet. I have 3 sony's, and they're great, but i would much rather have a yamaha.

As Eric said, Yamaha has great protection. If you go spending a ton of money on speakers and your receiver downright sucks at protection, then you are not going to have those speakers very long if you like loud "audio". I wouldn't recommend bose speakers very much any more. Yes, they sound fantastic, but they wear out and lose their touch because they aren't built well. I have an older bose acoustimass system and it sounded AWESOME in its day, but after time, they are losing quality, crackle at times and just dont wanna be used anymore, and i'm an audio guy, so I know how to use my speakers without damaging them so it wasn't user-fault.

If you really want very nice speakers, go for klipsch. A *good* yamaha reciever and klipsch speakers would kick butt (i know this from my uncles system).

I have no comment on Denon :)

So in summary:

Yamaha
Klipsch
$$$$

....and still no comment on denon.

Yea i would go with kilpsch speakers might be better. I still like bose tho.

Did you know Bose is experimenting with shock absobers for cars??

What isn't bose experimenting with?! Do you know how many things they "experiment" with and never put it into play?

What the heck would shock absorbers do? A shockmount for your car? Geez... a car isn't meant to be a studio! You drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom