Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Background

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
hey...i know this is a "computer audio" forum but im lookin in to setting up a HT system and i need to know sum things anout receivers....is a receiver an amplifier??? im "lookin" into making a custom HDTV system...but i need som info about receivers to help me a little bit...if u own a HT system...just tell me a lil about it....thanxx 4 any help....and yeah......wat is the best home theatre receiver component manufacturer????

Yamaha Receiver------HTR-5790

320021.jpg

AVR335.jpg

Yamaha hands down. it has the bell and whistles and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work it (I.E. onykyo, sony)

plus it have real world protection ciruity(onkyo protection kicks in after the damage is done). I blew 2 onkyo receivers(1 retail from $3200.00 the other $1000.00 ) my kids accident touch 2 of the wires on the second one and fries it(the yamaha will cut off if you do that), but on the first, it blew because i unplug the rca's and plug them back in with the receiver on. I done that a million time in my life and that never happen on another brand of receiver and they couldn't fix it

If I was buying one I wouldn't be choosing by the brand I would be choosing about the connections that monster has in back, so you can hook up ALL of your consoles. I'm saying that first look at features then look at prices then look at the brand name, thats the best way to get the best sytem for you.

Musjunk22 said:
If I was buying one I wouldn't be choosing by the brand I would be choosing about the connections that monster has in back, so you can hook up ALL of your consoles. I'm saying that first look at features then look at prices then look at the brand name, thats the best way to get the best sytem for you.

that don't always work. I took a couple of receiver back to the store as they were a pain in the butt to configure them. you would go through 3 layers of menu just to do a basic function like changin a tv channel. ease of use is an important consideration.

well.....i really like that Yamaha...thats the 1st one that caught my eye....and its got som good features...but is a receiver an amplifier???

82-115-010-04.JPG

does this hav a DVI connector??? im not sur about all theze terms but
ill get them after a while....g2g

gizmo90 said:
well.....i really like that Yamaha...thats the 1st one that caught my eye....and its got som good features...but is a receiver an amplifier???
does this hav a DVI connector??? im not sur about all theze terms but
ill get them after a while....g2g

a Receiver has an amplifier built in it, along with preamp and tuner

no it don't have a dvi connector

this is an amp

Attachments

• adcom 555.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom