Home DVR Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I'm interested in building my own home DVR for my HD Verizon FIOS. Is there an easy way?

Thank you.

Is it acceptable per Verizons Term of Use to do such things? Cause you know if there isnt what will happen to this thread...

Hmm...not sure. I guess the use of Verizon is not really that material, it's more of being able to record TV, even if it is just HD TV over the airways. Just run out of recording space on my Verizon DVR and have to constantly delete stuff, would like to just build my own DVR so I can save stuff longer. I dont wish to violate any terms of service w/ Verizon.

You will need a TV Tuner card that can do HD. So right there your talking some $$ if you want a decent one that can get at least 720p.

i've been comteplating creating a similar setup...minus the hd. I'm starting to think that its cheaper to purchase a dvr device and try to hack it.

I've searched for the micro-ATX mobos and seen prices cost the same as a dvr device. Of course the mobo can do much more than the dvr. However, the dvr fits my existing needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom