Hey Disabling onboard sound MSI RS480M2-Il motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abnormal987

Beta member
How do I go about this? i have been in the BIOS, er, all there was were "Advanced BIOS"(correct one?)and I saw nothing pertaining to sound or onboard sound or such things. I did a search and couldnt find much about it but reviews. Help?

I hav disabled the onboard soundcard, and my sound is still bad. I have a new sound card, and the sound sound somewhat distorted on 2 pairs of headphones, a pair of regular speakers, and a 5.1 surround set. I believe the 5.1 originally overpowered the onboard so i purchased a sound card which did nothing, then another higher quality one. The problem is persistant and I do not know what to do.

Abnormal987 said:
How do I go about this? i have been in the BIOS, er, all there was were "Advanced BIOS"(correct one?)and I saw nothing pertaining to sound or onboard sound or such things. I did a search and couldnt find much about it but reviews. Help?

disable it in device manger

Abnormal987 said:
I hav disabled the onboard soundcard, and my sound is still bad. I have a new sound card, and the sound sound somewhat distorted on 2 pairs of headphones, a pair of regular speakers, and a 5.1 surround set. I believe the 5.1 originally overpowered the onboard so i purchased a sound card which did nothing, then another higher quality one. The problem is persistant and I do not know what to do.

do you turn the volume dome in sound properties? what card do you have?

No, the volume in sound is always up...I turn it up or down on the speakers, but i did try turning it down in properties and messing with that but it didn't work out. the card is a Dynex model DX-SC51.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom