Help! weird audio prob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandanadave

Beta member
everything was fine til a couple of days ago, then i dont know wot happened. the sound has dropped by about 95% when i try to play anything through a media player. windows media player, winamp, nero, google video player, it happens on all of them.

wots really weird is that when i play a game, such as ufo2, the sound is perfect! anybody know wots going on? ive run virus checker, checked cables, checked options, done everything i can think of. anybody got any ideas?

thanx.

take it easy

do you have powerdvd by any chance????

I noticed that powerdvd will globally lower all sound from your computer when you change the levels.

uzi9mm said:
do you have powerdvd by any chance????

I noticed that powerdvd will globally lower all sound from your computer when you change the levels.

You just fix a problem for me. I couldn't figure out what happen to my volume. I'm uninstalling power dvd 6.

Thx

powerdvd is decent..... But there are some shortfalls that make the program just ok... Not the worst, but by no means no the best either.

But... Getting back to the thread poster... I am dry out of ideas...

This might work, not sure, but try it anyways ;)
Goto Controll Panel- Sounds and Audio Devices- Click the Volume tab- under Device Volume click Advanced- If you can see Wave there, raise the volume, if you don't click, Options- Properties, and then check the Wave Checkbox.
If this doesn't work, try some of the other ones, CD-player, AUX, Line In, I don't know...
Hope it works out for you ;)

BTW, it's probably not a virus..

s'ok, sorted the problem. it was the properties in the master control box! me flatmate was editing some audio n his software messed up the controls. thanx for the help anyway guys. will def. remember this site.

:) BandanaDave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom