Help with VCR -- I think someone will know this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob319

Beta member
Hello,

My VCR model is a REALLY OLD Sharp VC-A105, probably circa late 1980s. It's still quite functional, and I need help trying to figure out how to record a broadcast this evening.

Does anyone have any idea how to record? For instance, what channel the VCR should be on; what channel the TV should be on; etc.?

I did an experimental recording, but when I played it back, there was nothing but snow.

Thanks!

PS: I looked online, but couldn't find an online manual for that model other than one I had to pay $10 for, and I'd like to avoid that, if at all possible.

The TV should have an output that the VCR can input from. This can be either composite or coax, the TV antenna connection.

ya, run the coax from the cabel/ sattelite box into the input on the vcr. Then run the output on the vcr to the tv. Set the channel on the Tv to 3 and have the vcr on 3. There should be a record button on the vcr.

If the VCR is old, as you say, it is likely a VHF VCR, this means you won't be able to set it to record off a UHF channel. UHF are generally the higher channel numbers.

Just cos I can, I will give an explanation as well.

On the back of your TV, there should be an antenna cable that goes to either a wall plate or rabbit-ears. Unplug this and plug it instead into the VCR's antenna input. Go find another antenna cable and plug it into the VCR's antenna output and into the TV's input. There should be a switch somewhere on the back of your VCR that says 0 and 1, or maybe 1 and 2. Put it on either, then put your TV onto the same channel. Play a video, just to test. You should be able to see the pictures now. Then when you need to record, insert a cassette, rewind to the start and press the REC button.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for you to post a picture of your VCR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom