Help please!1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poon

In Runtime
So I have a good friend I was talking to last night and she is having sound problems with her pc. She said her sound stopped working all of the sudden. She said that her pc will make little computer sounds like when you start it up, but it won't play any music or anything else.

When she tries playing her mp3's she gets this message...

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.

I would first go into the control panel and check the sound options are all enabled and not muted or disabled then reinstall the sound drivers most likely onboard sound.

if it still fails I would start the pc in safe mode and make sure that its not a running process that is disabling sound.

First off you will need to know if its onboard sound or if she has a soundcard easiest way is just to look at the back of the pc if you see something like this at the back then its on board:

http://www.overclockersonline.net/images/articles/msi/6362/ports.jpg

if its in one of the lower slots so it`ll look like this, see those metal plates at the bottom 7 in total and 1 is missing right. Well if the sound holes are there its a soundcard and not onboard.:

http://www.amtrade.com/case/774_toolesscomputercase_rear.gif

I think its probably onboard though, so you will need to find out the motherboard manufacturer and number it appears on bootup normally. Could be one of the following ASUS,ECS,BIOSTAR,INTEL,GIGABYTE,MSI,ASROCK,FOXCONN,ABIT

it will also have some numbers after it so try to note it down. This can be difficult to find so note anything down you can its normally the first screen as soon as you turn on the pc it has all the info.

If you struggle to do that try downloading this software called everest you can find a link below in my sig. Once installed click computer then the motherboard section in there it will have hopefully all the information you need.

Once you do find out your motherboard make you can just google it and go to their website, you can then find the drivers you need to download and install.

Thank you so much baronvongogo, you are a good man.

I will share this information with her and hopefully we can get her music working again.

*highfive*

Good work baronvongogo!

We have success.

I will remember you on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom