HELP, my computer has no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataharimata

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

My computer has no audio at all. It only has sound when I click between folders.
Here is how I found out: When I tried opening an mpg file movie in Real One player it said that it cannot play the audio, then I tried opening various avi files in DivX player and it said that the audio is no recognized and that it is TAG 85. I read on another forum that I should download a codec: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm but then my DivX player did not recognize neither the video nor the audio, it said video is FOURCC code XviD, and audio is TAG 85. Then I tried playing a normal video clip that I know had sound in Quick Time and here is the error message that I got:
You may experience problems playing a sound track because there is no audio hardware available on your computer
I tried opening an mp3 in iTunes, didn't work, I even tried opening a web page that I know has audio and nothing.
I realized that all my audio is gone, except for clicking between folders.
I opened sounds and audio devices properties and it says that there is NO AUDIO DEVICE.
I went to Volume Control and here is the message that it gave me:
There is no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, add hardware.
I went there and updated all the drivers, even though it said that they are all working properly, nothing is working. And have not been doing anything with my audio adjustments lately, just have been encoding movies and using Goldwave to save wav files and Wave Lab to convert wav files to mp2, that's it. This is really strange as I have this computer for over a year now and until now the audio worked great.
Can anyone help me please?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Well, I must say that I suprised myself, managed to fix it so easily. I went to the official Sony Vaio website and fixed it by downloading and repairing the the audio driver.
I am still puzzeling of what caused this problem to begin with... but hey I have audio now and I am happy!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of corrupted files.

It's nothing that you do... it just happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom