Help I can't view video or pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mslea

Solid State Member
I can't see certain videos or pictures on websites that I used to have no problem with at all. For example, I can see the videos on Youtube if its on the general screen but the videos placed directly on a person's account page I can't see. The videos on thisis50.com by Kyte TV I can't see but if I go to kyte.com then I can see it. The videos on my myspace page now don't show, they were fine about a week ago. I also can't see some of the ads on yahoo. On my computer when a video won't show I only see a little white box with a small red "x" in it that is located on the top left hand side within the empty black boarders of were the video should be. When I can't view a picture I see a small white box with a red square, green circle and blue triangle inside the small white box that is located on the top left hand side within the empty black boarders of were the picture should be. Please tell me what I can do so I can go back to viewing everything.

I'll try downloading a codec package

WOW downloading from that site and using your link did absolutly NOTHING. That program did not help me. You or anyone else got any other info that can help me pleaseeee?

Have you updated your Flash and shockwave players?

eh...long shots since we don't know much about your system :p
or your os....
you the only person using this machine?
reset your browser settings....I have no clue what you are using
:D

I have windows XP, yes I'm the only person using this computer, I got SP1 and I'm using internet explorer 7. If anybody else needs more details just let me know and I'll tell ya. I did reset the browser settings, I think thats when I got the problem. Also I recently remove about 5gb of junk and other programs because my computer was slowing down and another site told me to take lots of things off and the problem went away a lil bit but not alltogether. I updated the Flash and shockwave players and that helped but only for the sites i got the updates from. My other problem was my CPU would max out but now its not so bad.

How are you using IE7 with SP1? You can not install IE7 on a machine unless it has SP2.

Check your browser or your firewall settings. They could be blocking them as well. I know Zone Alarm blocked .gif images for me for a while till i set it up right.

Well if "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service pack 1" is SP1 then thats what I got but if not and this "MSXML 4.0 SP2" program is SP2 fine i got that on my computer too. I got both those things on my control panal> Add or Remove programs section. As for firewalls and protection I have "Windows Defender", McAfee Security Center, and windows firewall on also. Um....my virus protection from McAfee ran out about a month ago. What do i need to do? besides get protection back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom