HELP! i can;t copy my DRM cd to my PC, even through th cd's menu...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisisdanni

Beta member
I've just bought My Morning Jacket's album 'Z' which is apparently one of the DRM cd's with copy protection.
initially i tried to rip it to my computer directly through Window's media player, but the tracks were crackly and skipped.
but when i tried to rip it to the computer through the disc's menu, the way it was intended to be ripped, it still doesn't work.
the menu's option, 'copy to PC', says that it will rip the tracks to the computer so that i won't have to play it directly off the cd but it only creates files of the songs that are "0 bytes", so there is no music within the file at all.
i've tried this so many times. argh, it's frustrating!
any one help? it would be much appreciated. :)

thisisdanni said:
I've just bought My Morning Jacket's album 'Z' which is apparently one of the DRM cd's with copy protection.
initially i tried to rip it to my computer directly through Window's media player, but the tracks were crackly and skipped.
but when i tried to rip it to the computer through the disc's menu, the way it was intended to be ripped, it still doesn't work.
the menu's option, 'copy to PC', says that it will rip the tracks to the computer so that i won't have to play it directly off the cd but it only creates files of the songs that are "0 bytes", so there is no music within the file at all.
i've tried this so many times. argh, it's frustrating!
any one help? it would be much appreciated. :)

you can't copy cd tracks through windows (mac,yes). you need a ripper. try winamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom