Help: Burn Playable MP3 CD with data on CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I need to burn a playable CD with data in it.

Example, it must play the music in a cd player, but when inserted into a computer you can click on it my computer and receive the PDF file.

Help is appreciated.

I dont believe it is possible. As to play in a CD player you have to change the format to CDA format. But to have data on there you need it in ISO format. Two incompatible formats on the same disk cant be forced to work together.

You can put MP3 fils on there and play those in a CD player as long as it can play those files.

But not just a regular old CD player will be able to use the CD.

Well, I used to get CD's that would play in any stereo, then when you plug into the computer, you could play games, or watch the music vids. So it must be possible right?

Not necessarily. Cause those disks could have easily been data disks that the player recognized and was able to play. I mean I can burn music and pictures to a CD and put it in my BluRay player and watch a slideshow of my pics and listen to my music. Doesnt mean i can put it in my car stereo and listen to the music.

I have not seen any burning software out there that can do this. Nero, Roxio, ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP among many others will give you the option to do Data, Music, MP3 or ISO. They dont give you any option to do what you are looking to do. So unless you burn it as a music CD but dont finalize it and then add a file and finalize it after that and hope it works, your otta luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom