Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prince.ali

Beta member
Hello,

Well I'm new here but I was wondering if anyone could help me out, this is driving me nuts!

I am trying to connect my computer to an amplifier. I have a headphone output on the computer. I connected a 'headphone to stereo RCA' cable to the headphone output, and connected the RCA stereo cable to the amp. As soon as I do so, I hear a buzzing sound that I can't figure out how to remove.

I don't think it is a volume issue because even if I mute the output from the computer, the buzzing occurs. The buzzing actually doesn't change by adjusting the volume from the computer, but will change if I adjust the volume on the amp.

I don't think it's the cables because I connect other devices this way (mp3 player) to my amp and they have no buzzing.

My regular computer speakers don't have this buzzing effect when connected to the headphone output. As well, I have tried connecting the 'headphone to stereo RCA' cable from the speaker output on the computer .. same result.

If anyone knows how to solve this ... please let me know!
Thanks

Yeah, mine did that too. What my issue was, was the port that I plugged the y adapter in on the soundcard. Seems the solder points loosened and the port was not solid so it slipped around and eventually broke one of the solders, resulting in that sound. My resolution was to buy a new soundcard. Don't go for a cheap one either, they are poorly constructed and will have the same issues. It's worht the bucks to buy something solid.
Other than that, try moving the Y adapter around in the port and seeing if you find a spot where it sits so that it doesn't do that. That's what I did for a month before I just got tired of moving the cable and just bought a new card.

Just wanted to let anyone who may be interested that I fixed the problem! Much thanks to the guys from East Hamilton Radio for providing me with the info.

For those who are interested: the problem was the cable for the tv coming in from the wall. (My amp is connected to the TV, didn't even think that would be a problem, I should of mentioned that earlier) Apparently if the cable is improperly grounded from outside it can cause interference on devices connected to it. I disconnected the cable and VOILA! no more buzzing! the guy at EHR says I can get an isolator so I don't have to keep disconnecting the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom