Help?

Pudlica

Baseband Member
Does anyone have any good program (free) to adjust sound (bass,treble)?

:)

Also what is 2.1, 7.1 5.1 and that kind of stuff at speakers,sound cards... And is it lower better or higher better?

P.S. Do you recommend me to buy sound card (Asus dgx) and will it make difference on digital speakers?

Last edited:
You can try using your onboard sound card, what motherboard do you have or PC do you have? You can probably find out what built in sound card you have.
Once you find that out you can go to the manufactures website and download the latest driver for it, it will probably have an equalizer that you can adjust(the thing to adjust sound, bass, treble)
here is a brief explanation to 2.1 5.1 and 7.1 its basically the amount of speakers and the .1 is a sub woofer for the base, if a sound card can output to more speakers its usually better, so an onboard 7.1 is usually better than 2.1 because it has more power to output that much. 2.1 Channel vs 5.1 Channel vs 7.1 Channel Home Theater Audio Systems - San Diego

I am not 100% sure of this, but when using digital a sound card doesn't even matter, because nothing really needs to be processed, but some others might have more info on the topic.

I use onboard, and x-fi, and also an Asus DG with my other system that has a PCI slot. Usually 95% of the time you don't need a soundcard most recent onboard is good enough. If you want better yes you can get better but you will also need to make sure your speakers and headphones are good enough to notice the difference. I agree with PP about 2.1 setups. In fact I use a logi S220 a cheap setup but it sounds good with onboard for basic room listening at a low to medium volume. My headset is rather high-mid end though (Grado_80's) and for that I toggle the use of the X-Fi within windows 7.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom