headset extreme bass and won't detect both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
Just got a new headset a gamecom plantronics 307. I'm on windows 7 64bit. motherboard asus M3A78. and been trying for about 2-3 hours now to get this headset to work on both the front ports for headset and mic plugs. now when i first got them plugged them in only the mic was working in front but the headset part was not working, so i did some looking up and downloaded new drivers VIA HD audio 6.0.1.8700 but once the drivers were installed the front mic would no longer detect it plugged in (in windows settings said not plugged in) but in the back it would work, and the headset in the front works, but will not work in the back, but no matter what i do i can't get back headset sound to work/detect at all. what im doing right now is i have an extention cord so im using from headset, back mic so its annoying, but works this is my first problem that doesn't have to be fixed but would like it to be.

also I can live stream, so if u want to do some live help let me know I can point you to my stream as well

in short terms. the headset will not be "found" without the updated VIA drivers, with the drivers the bass is insane and I can't figure out a way to turn it down (i also must split up the plugs as well, mic pluged in back, headset in front they WONT for some reason work the other way around OR both in front/back)

edit : also while trying to see if i could get it to work again without drivers i had trouble uninstalling, and now reinstalling i do notice an error after I try to install when it says "do you want to restart your PC" I click yes (or no) and I get an installmoduel error that stoped responding, then an error 1628: Failed to complete installation error does this actually matter since it has "installed" everything already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom