Status
Not open for further replies.

gloomer

In Runtime
I'm looking for a headset.

Requirements:

1. Decent for music listening.

2. Great for voip.

3. Comfortable for long periods of time.

4. Not easily breakable.

Usually I don't have to ask, but in this case.. the reviews on most headsets are so very mixed that I don't know what to believe.

Usually when you have a solid product, the reviews are generally high, but with headsets.. the reviews and ratings are all over the place.

I already made the mistake of buying a piece of crap from Cyber Acoustics. It was $20, was this biggest hassle to setup, and stop functioning after I didn't use it for a month.

I'm hoping for this next one to be under $100.

Thanks guys.

I alway went with Koss brand headphones over the years for the well name bass response and general overall sound quality without the high price. Recently the cheap plastic frames will snap with too much ease on the $30-$70 pairs seen in retail stores making those too much of an aggravation.

Previously when trying a pair of Sony headphones you seem to hear all mid range with no bass or tremble. huh? Those got tossed fast! Yet the $100 cordless pair bought where? Radio Shack of all places has outperformed all of the under $100 sets and is "cordless" with rechargable AAA batteries.

You simply set those in a holder where radio type waves are used for charging the battery pack. The bass will never quite be Koss but they have half way decent sound for gaming as well as music and are durable with no quick break cheap plastic frame! It's a flexible dual frame seen on those. Sony MDR-RF925RK 900 MHz wireless headphones at Crutchfield.com

Newegg.com - PLANTRONICS GAMECOM1 67003-01 3.5mm Connector Supra-aural Stereo Gaming Headset

I highly recommend this one. It's SUPER comfortable, and it sounds great. And best of all it's only 20 bucks! I was sort of reluctant to buy it because most of the time you get what you pay for, but i figured i'd try it out and if anything go with something a little more expensive. I do not regret buying this one bit.

i use it for playing wow, talking on vent, and watching movies and listening to music when everyone is asleep. I'm actually thinking of getting another one.

Please stop arguing. The OP has some options and he is the one to decide what he wants to spend if it is the full amount or not. He will be the one to tell us what he is looking for. The rest of the posts about arguing if he ash the money and that are not needed here nor will it be tolerated. If he wants top of the line Oreo suggestion is fine. If not he has other options.

Thread cleaned. Please do not make me do it again or i will hand out infractions. the aruging over what a person should get and the amount of money they could, should or would spend is not up to us. It is up to us to give options. Not make the decision for them.

We should make the decision for him, we all know more than him :) jokes.

Arguing is in my blood fortunately.. so that mixed with something i like to feel i have quite a bit of knowledge in, they conflict big time :D

Arguing is in everybody's nature. It was in mine till I decided to change it. Plain and simple i do not care if people have all the knowledge in the world or if they have spent Bill Gates Salary on a product. It is the users that decide. You want to suggest $100 head phones fine. But that may be overkill for them.

Just like the Speaker topic that i went at it with Eric and Ricanflow. Giving everybody and their brother a suggestion for high end products is not always the answer. Sometimes a low end product that gets the job done is the answer.

Let them decide. Don't argue with the other people cause you know in your mind that you are right. You may be right from your experience but that does not mean that this person will have the same experience now does it?

People have been asking for things to be done in this area and i am taking those steps. I have asked before for the bickering to stop about the recommendations given to people. It almost drove someone out of this area that is even better at Audio than you. I will not let that happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom