headphones too loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpfalcon

Solid State Member
Ok, I have a travelmate 4402 notebook, and when I plug my headphones into the jack, they are way too loud. Like, when I use the actual laptop speakers, the volume is fine, but when i use headphones, i have to put my audio to the lowest possible setting with the windows volume control AND make the volume at like 5% on the media player like winamp to make it sound normal. Is there anyway to fix this? On my computer, I just plug my headphones in, and the volume is fine, without having to adjust the volume at all. (although this is when I plug in my headphones to the jack in front of my computer that came with my audigy platinum). Not only is it annoying to switch volumes everytime i remove my headphones and vice-versa, it is very hard to control the volume with my headphones on, as just a TINY bit of adjustment either is too loud, or i dont hear anything at all (volume 0% -.-) The onboard sound on this laptop is realtek ac97 audio

Are you sure you are plugging it into a headphonne jack, and not a speaker jack. It is obviously trying to play the music at the same volume through headphones, as it would through speakers, which is pretty loud.

sorry, im out almost out of ideas. A last thought, though: Have you got the most recent driver for your sound card, it sounds as if it is a software problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom